(ETS no. 61B)
The member States of the Council of Europe, signatories hereto,
Considering the provisions of the European Convention on Consular
Functions (called hereafter "the Convention") and in particular Article 2
Desiring to make certain provisions of the Convention apply also to civil aircraft,
Have agreed as follows:
The provisions of Articles 28 to 41 of the Convention shall also apply in relation to
civil aircraft to the extent that they are capable of such application.
1. The present Protocol shall be open to signature by the member States of the Council of
Europe which have signed the Convention. It shall be subject to ratification or
acceptance. Instruments of ratification or acceptance shall be deposited with the
Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
2. The present Protocol shall enter into force three months after the date of the deposit
of the fifth instrument of ratification or acceptance.
3. In respect of a signatory State ratifying or accepting subsequently, the present
Protocol shall come into force three months after the date of deposit of its instrument of
ratification or acceptance.
4. No member State of the Council of Europe may ratify or accept the present Protocol
unless it has, simultaneously or previously, ratified or accepted the Convention.
1. Any State which has acceded to the Convention may accede to the present Protocol after
the latter's entry into force.
2. Such accession shall be effected by depositing with the Secretary General of the Council
of Europe an instrument of accession which shall take effect three months after the date
of its deposit.
1. Any Contracting Party may at the time of signature or when depositing its instrument of
ratification, acceptance or accession, specify the territory or territories to which the
present Protocol shall apply.
2. Any Contracting Party may, when depositing its instrument of ratification, acceptance or
accession or at any later date, by declaration addressed to the Secretary General of the
Council of Europe, extend the present Protocol to any other territory or territories
specified in the declaration and for whose international relations it is responsible or on
whose behalf it is authorised to give undertakings.
3. Any declaration made in pursuance of the preceding paragraph may, in respect of any
territory specified in such declaration, be withdrawn according to the procedure laid down
in Article 6 of the present Protocol.
No reservation may be made in respect of the present Protocol. However, reservations
made to the Convention in pursuance of Article 53 thereof shall also apply to the
1. The present Protocol shall have the same duration as the Convention.
2. Any Contracting Party may, in so far as it is concerned, denounce the present Protocol
by means of a notification addressed to the Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
3. Such denunciation shall take effect six months after the date of receipt by the
Secretary General of such notification.
4. Denunciation of the Convention entails automatically denunciation of the present
The Secretary General of the Council of Europe shall notify the member States of the
Council and any State which has acceded to the present Protocol of:
a. any signature;
b. any deposit of an instrument of ratification, acceptance or accession;
c. any date of entry into force of the present Protocol in accordance with Articles 2 and
d. any declaration received in pursuance of the provisions of paragraphs 2 and 3 of Article 4;
e. any notification received in pursuance of the provisions of Article 6 and the date on
which denunciation takes effect.
In witness whereof the undersigned, being duly authorised thereto, have signed the
Done at Paris, this 11th day of December 1967, in English and French, both texts being
equally authoritative, in a single copy which shall remain deposited in the archives of
the Council of Europe. The Secretary General of the Council of Europe shall transmit
certified copies to each of the signatory and acceding States.
Совет Европы. Бюро договоров на